Date of last update
This Privacy Notice was updated on 10 May 2022
Terms as used in this Privacy Notice
- "Personal Data" refers to any data, such as, but not limited to, name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number or IP address, and any other information that We may collect via this eRequest Website, that can be used to identify You or any other persons working in Your organization or collaborating with Your organization;
- "Third Parties" refers to UCB affiliated companies that are not included in the UCB definition below and third party vendors who support UCB in the frame of its business activities, such as but not limited to for the maintenance of this eRequest Website or other IT systems and/or the provision of other business support services, evaluation or technical support;
- "UCB" refers jointly to, as appropriate, UCB BioPharma SPRL, Allée de la Recherche, 60, 1070 Brussels, Belgium and the UCB affiliate in the country where You are located;
- "We" or “Us” refers to UCB;
- "You" or “Your” refers to users of this eRequest Website.
Our Commitment to Data Privacy
Privacy is very important to UCB and We always strive to protect the Personal Data wereceive and process it in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”).
This Privacy Notice explains how UCB process Personal Data that You may provide via this eRequest website and what protection is offered to Personal Data. This Privacy Notice applies only to processing data collected by this eRequest website and does not apply to any other Personal Data collected by UCB online or offline. So please be sure to read carefully this Privacy Notice before using or submitting any Personal Data to this eRequest Website.
Collected Personal Data
We will process the following personal data about You, as applicable:
- Your contact and professional details, including your name, gender, address, phone numbers, e-mail address and job title;
- ID assigned by governmental bodies or UCB
- Curriculum Vitae
Please note that We have obtained some of the above mentioned information through IQVIA(mainly under point (2)), whereas other information is obtained directly from You (under points (1) and (3)).
Other than the information that we may be required to collect for and on the basis of applicable legislation - You do not have an obligation to provide us with such information and can do so at Your discretion. However, failure to provide some/all of this information, may lead to a reduction/change in or even end to our business relationship with you.
Your data are controlled by:
UCB Biopharma SPRL
Allée de la Recherche 60
We will process Your Personal Data as described above on the basis of our legitimate interest to appropriately manage our business and with the purpose of executing or setting up a contract.
Relationship with you.
We will use Your personal data for the following purposes, as applicable:
- Submit, review and approve funding requests (Grants, Donations and Sponsorships)
- Submit, review, approve and track Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS)
Unless You provide explicit consent, UCB will not use Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
We don’t use your data for profiling activities.
Your personal data will be stored for 10 years after the closure of all the requests related to you.
Data transfers and processors
We may disclose Your Personal Data to Third Parties who act for or on Our behalf. These Third Parties may be located in countries offering a lower level of protection than in Your own country. However, UCB will take all necessary steps to ensure confidentiality of Your Personal Data and treatment in accordance with the present Privacy Notice and applicable data privacy laws. In particular:
- SmartSimple Software Inc., a company based in Canada, is providing Us with hosted software solutions for eRequest.
- Kinapse, a Syneos Health Company, with offices is Romania, is providing Us with operational support of your requests.
We may also have to disclose your Personal Data where required by applicable laws and regulations, industry codes requirements, court orders or governmental authorities requests, including safety data reporting, transparency-related disclosures and statutory reporting requirements.
Update of Your Personal Data:
It is Your responsibility to update Your Personal Data held in UCB's system. However, UCB may from time to time request You to update Your data.
Rights to access, modify and/or delete Your Persona Data
You have the right to be informed about the Personal Data we hold on You and to ask Your Personal Data to be amended or deleted (as long as it doesn’t collide with our need to maintain Your Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws or resolve (legal) disputes).
For these privacy purposes, please contact Us at the e-mail address of Our Chief Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may also contact Our Chief Privacy Officer, by mail at the address of the UCB Biopharma SPRL, Allée de la Recherche 60, B-1070 Brussels, Belgium.
For any other queries you may have related to your request, please use the country contact details.